Study in Canada

Working after Studies Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

The Canadian government provides the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWP) as part of its efforts to attract international students and retain them as skilled workers. International students who successfully graduate from a college or university in Canada can apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). This option allows students to remain in the country for a period of 1 to 3 years. This PGWP is a open work permit, which allows international graduates to work for any Canadian employer in any industry.

be eligible for a PGWP:

  • You must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months and led to a degree, diploma or certificate.
  • You must have studied full-time each academic session without taking time away from studies. This does not include scheduled program breaks, such as winter break or summer break for undergraduate students.
  • You must have completed at least 50% of your program in Canada, which is calculated based on the number of courses completed in Canada.
  • You must have completed at least 50% of your program in-per